Evergood Social Care are currently recruiting for an experienced and qualified Local Authority Designated Officer to work in an tem based in Norfolk.
To act as Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) on all matters relating to establishing and improving the structures and processes in relation to allegations made against those that work with children, and particularly to:
1. Enable the local authority to comply with the responsibilities and functions as set out in ‘Working Together’ (WT) 2010; Chapter 6 and Appendix 5, and Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education 2006 (SC&SRE), Chapter S, specifically to:
- Provide the management and oversight of individual cases where an allegation appears to meet the criteria set out in WT.
- Ensure a consistent, fair, timely and thorough process for all adults working with children and young people against whom allegations are made.
- Ensure that cases come to a managed conclusion. Provide advice, information, support and expertise to employers and voluntary organisations in relation to all aspects of work relating to allegations.
- Monitor and record the process applied to all cases (including historic cases).
- Audit and evaluate cases for reporting purposes.
- Bring an independence and appropriate challenge to the investigation and outcome of work relating to allegations.
2. Advise relevant senior managers and members on policy and operational matters related to allegations against staff, in consultation with managers in Social Care and Police as appropriate, and advise the Chair of the Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) as appropriate.
3. Work collaboratively with all partner agencies in promoting and developing good practice for the safeguarding and protection of children and young people.
Evergood Associates offer unbeatable benefits package, and if you are aware of a friend or colleague that maybe interested in this vacancy or available to work please contact us to pass on their details and receive a £150 Evergood referral bonus.
For more information please contact Adam on 01992 513777 (Option 3) or by email Adam.Bentley@evergoodassociates.co.uk