Evergood Associates are currently supporting our client based in Medway, Kent for a Qualified Social Worker to act as an Approved Mental Health Practitioner.
- Perform the duties of an Approved Mental Health Practitioner (AMHP) as set out in the Mental Health Act 2007 and participate inthe AMHP rota.
- Undertake statutory requests and actions under the Mental Health Act in relation to the liberty or safety of service users.
- Arrange and co-ordinate the process of assessments in accordance with the Mental Health Act including applications for detentionin hospital of for guardianship taking into account wishes of other stakeholders.
- Agree or not the making of Community Treatment Orders and undertake mental capacity assessments.
- Act as a representative of the Council, applying to a court for a warrant, in court proceedings, statutory panels and with other agencies.
- Responsible for intial and ongoing assessments, planning, implementing and evaluating integrated packages of care for own caseload.
- Act as care co-ordinator and in accordance with the Community Care Act.
- Maintain and update records in accordance with Council policies
- Social Work degree or equivalent
Vision and Leadership
- Ability to understand the vision and interpret it to develop practical and achievable work plans.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of how the organization works and how this fits into the political environment, with a commitment to cross boundary and team working.
- Able to build and develop productive teams, setting clear objectives and identifying better ways of working, managing change effectively.
- Ability to act as a role model to promote equality and manage diversity in the workplace and service provision, ensuring everyone has appropriate and fair access and support.
- Demonstrable oral and written communication skills, with an adaptable style and able to use a variety of information and tailor style to suit different needs.
- Ability to build sound and productive working relationships with colleagues, partners and staff groups and can engage others in a credible, persuasive way.
- Ability to plan projects and tasks in a structured way, monitoring progress against plans and can embed these into working practice.
- Able to make best use of resources, effectively managing budgets, information and contract letting taking into account health and safety issues.
Evergood Associates offer unbeatable benefits package, and if you are aware of a friend or colleague that maybe interested in this vacancy or available to work please contact us to pass on their details and receive a £150 Evergood referral bonus.
For more information, please contact Adam on 01992513777 (Option 3) or by email Adam.Bentley@evergoodassociates.co.uk