Evergood Social Care are currently recruiting for a qualified and experienced Social Worker to work in a LAC/ CIN Team based in Kent.
To safeguard vulnerable children and support them to achieve their full potential, living within their family if safe to do so.
To provide a high quality and effective professional casework service, taking responsibility for working and managing a caseload within a framework of appropriate supervision, dependent upon the complexities of these cases and the social worker’s experience.
To comply with legislation, statutory guidance and local polices and procedures.
• Demonstrates well-developed skills in collecting and analysing information, assessing children and families’ needs and creating imaginative responses and interventions.
• Demonstrates the ability to apply and effectively use theoretical frameworks and evidence based practice to own work to ensure positive outcomes for children and young people
• Ability to carry out tasks which impact on the well being of people, including assessing needs, implementing care/welfare, implementing regulations, providing guidance on internal procedures and interpreting policies and procedures to meet specific circumstances or problems.
• Maintains accurate and up to date case records.
• Ability to use IT systems and client databases to ensure effective, accurate and up to date client records are maintained
• Ability to analyse and interpret varied and complex information, developing strategies and solutions for the medium and long term
• Ability to provide literate and well written, evidence based reports to court and other professional settings
• Ability to engage effectively with children and young people, using a variety of techniques
• Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, partner agencies and other professionals and adapts communication styles to meet the needs of different audiences
• Ability to use well developed communication skills to present complex/sensitive information in an understandable way, to a range of audiences
• Ability to explain straightforward tasks to others, where required
• Ability to initiate and develop close working partnerships with statutory, voluntary and private agencies to gather/share information in order to facilitate decision making for effective service delivery.
Ability to work under pressure and manage time and workload effectively.
• Can work independently within clear guidelines and regularly uses initiative to make decisions, referring to more senior officers for advice on policy/resource issues.
• Demonstrates a ‘can do’ attitude and is passionate and committed to achieving positive outcomes.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team to achieve team and service plan objectives and targets.
• Ability to manage hostile and aggressive responses to social work intervention without putting your own safety at risk.
• Ability to work independently within clear guidelines and regularly uses initiative to make decisions, referring to more senior officers for advice on policy/resource issues.
• Understands and is committed to equality and diversity and treats everyone fairly and with respect.
• Commitment to continuous professional development and the acquisition of advanced and specialist skills and knowledge
• Able to work flexible hours if required
Evergood Associates offer unbeatable benefits package, and if you are aware of a friend or colleague that maybe interested in this vacancy or available to work please contact us to pass on their details and receive a £150 Evergood referral bonus.
For more information on this role and many other Qualified Social Work roles please visit our website.