PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
- To chair child protection conference and complex strategy meetings
- To hold responsibility for ensuring correct decisions and recommendations are made when planning for children
- To contribute to improved standards and outcomes for children and their families by providing advice and consultation
- To contribute to continuous service improvement by quality assuring the service provided
- To contribute to continuous service improvement through leading changes to policy and practice and ensuring their implementation
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To manage the formal review process of CP and chair conferences (including all necessary preparatory and follow-up work) ensuring that government and departmental timescales are met
- To maintain an allocated case load of CP.
- To rigorously monitor and track individual child protection plans and implement the conflict resolution procedure where necessary.
- To maintain effective monitoring and reminder systems to ensure that CP conferences and other meetings are conducted in accordance with regulation and policy and meet legislative requirements.
- To promote full and active participation of children and their families in conferences and other meetings, including meeting children on their own.
- To chair strategy meetings and conduct and/or manage enquiries in specific circumstances, including complex or high profile cases and allegations against professionals.
- To ensure the accuracy of the minutes, ICS and monitor and promote the implementation of resulting child protection and care plans.
- To lead or participate in case audits of the quality of child care work, analysing practice, identifying gaps and developing strategies for addressing shortfalls.
- To provide supervision and consultation to managers at all levels on complex child care work, and to record such consultation.
- To mediate and problem-solve, both within Children’s Social Care and externally with staff in other agencies in matters relating to CIN, CP and CLA.
- To carry out management reviews of cases that meet the criteria in Working Together, including cases where a child dies and abuse is suspected to be a factor in the death; in consultation with the Service Manager.
- To lead changes to policy and practice and ensure that the service as a whole responds to new and emerging changes to statutory guidance and best practice standards
- To work independently and take responsibility for decision making on individual cases, negotiating with senior managers where there is disagreement
- To contribute to the development and delivery of Departmental and Inter-Agency training regarding the safeguarding of children.
- To promote the development, maintenance and monitoring of competence with respect to all Departmental staff delivering child care services.
- To ensure that all duties are carried out within the framework of the Council’s Diversity for All Policy.
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Council’s Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- To undertake such other duties, appropriate to post, as may be directed.
For more information please contact Mark on 01992 513777 (Option 3) or by email Mark.Thompson@evergoodassociates.co.uk