Evergood Social Care are currently supporting our client based in Bedfordshire in recruiting for an experienced and Qualified Deputy Team Manager to join their Neighbourhood Team.
To work closely with the Team Manager in managing and directing a social care team, resources and budgets in order to assess the needs and provide services to support children, young people, families and carers where a child is vulnerable, in need, disabled, at risk of harm or looked after, in accordance with the statutory powers and duties of the Local Authority. Enable children and young people to remain safely within their home and/or community environment, including foster placement, and ensure they achieve good outcomes through effective social work intervention.
- Ensures all children and young people are enabled to meet their full potential to ensure positive outcomes
- Ensures effective risk management, decision making and preventative working to safeguard children and young people effectively in accordance with statutory requirements and policies
- Establishes the appropriate assessment required and identifies the level of need for support/services and or placements for children and young people
- Determines the need for care proceedings to be instigated where the risk of significant harm is so great as to warrant a Court Order
- Maintains effective systems for prioritising, allocating and monitoring workloads and ensures that suitable systems of supervision and appraisal are in place to ensure children and families needs are met in accordance with legislation, departmental policies and procedures
- Contributes to borough wide services with professional knowledge of an area of specialism on an Operational and Strategic basis as required.
In depth experience in a social care field with a particular emphasis on Safeguarding and Child Protection. Demonstrable experience of complex decision making in children’s social care services. Demonstrable experience of complex child protection and statutory case work. Demonstrable experience of advising, coaching and supporting staff. Experience of staff management.
Working with Evergood Associates offers you a number of benefits including:
- Your own dedicated specialist consultant
- Access to the widest variety of social work jobs across local authorities and private organisations throughout the UK
- Reliable Payroll run on a weekly basis
- Free DBS and compliance service
- £150 recommend a friend scheme
If you would like to find out more, apply for this position or enquire about similar roles please call Adam Bentley on 01992 513 777 ext 3 or send your CV and contact details Adam.Bentley@evergoodassociates.co.uk