Job summary and Responsibilities
An opportunity has arisen for 2 interim Directors for Local Delivery with Essex County Council. This is a great opportunity for an experienced leader to work in a role at the forefront of health and social care integration in Essex. With accountability to both the local authority and community health trust, this role operates at a senior level both operationally and strategically and reports directly to the Director of Adult Services.
As DLD for the West locality, you will hold responsibility for maintaining and developing high standards of practice across all aspects of service delivery within the Quadrant. Although employed by Essex County Council the role is jointly accountable to SEPT (South East Essex Partnership Trust) for Health and Care Delivery, overseeing integration of community health and community social services. You will need to deliver excellent social care and health transformation from working practice and will have responsibility for a workforce in excess of 250.
The DLD for the North locality will hold the same responsibility but will not be accountable for SEPT although any experience or knowledge would be an advantage.
You will have a sound knowledge of all frontline operational services as well as social services and have demonstrated robust leadership and budget management skills. The ability to collaborate and work effectively with both internal and external partners is essential.
Knowledge, skills and experience Key Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the strategic development of the service offering for Adult Operations and work with the Service Management Board Members and colleague Directors in Community Services in SEPT to develop and deliver the overall strategic direction, performance and success of the services.
- Exercise strategic leadership and in accordance with set specifications, plan and deliver services within a geographical area to meet commissioning requirements ensuring effective delivery of service pathways for vulnerable adults ensuring quality outcomes and cost effective utilisation of resources.
- Develop, motivate and performance manage teams, within Adult Operations and SEPT, to ensure that the skills and capacity is sufficient to deliver a high quality service and meet defined performance targets.
- Develop and implement protocols with linked partners where ECC statutory accountability has been discharged to ensure appropriate service provision to customers.
- Embed a culture of continuous improvement to deliver best practice within Adult Operations.
- Escalate and manage service and contract issues and risks within area of responsibility, including budget demand, customer service and quality assurance.
- Directly accountable for embedding formal Safeguarding procedures across services within a specified geographical area to ensure the protection of vulnerable children and adults.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject area, or equivalent by experience.
- Relevant post-graduate qualification or equivalent by experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional and managerial development including, preferably, a management qualification.
- Significant experience of leading and managing large scale change programmes in a complex service delivery environment.
- Experience of successfully working with partners to pool/share resources in a highly complex multi-agency environment.
- Social Services background.
- Significant experience of leading operational delivery against commissioned outcomes, across People related themes (such as improving educational attainment, supporting vulnerable children & adults etc).
- Experience of managing complex budgets.
For more information please contact Sophie on 01992 513777 (Option 3) or by email Sophie.Atkinson@evergoodassociates.co.uk