We currently have a new role available for a Band 8a Prescribing Pharmacist. My client is a large CSU and require the locum to cover sites across West Norfolk. The role is due to start in October and will be for a minimum of 3 months, Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm.
The role will specifically be focused on targeted interventions in 5 practices in West Norfolk with annualised spend per ASTRO-PU above national average. Targeted interventions will centre on bladder stability drugs; polypharmacy and deprescribing; high dose opioid prescribing and drugs of low clinical value.The successful locum is also required to have:
• Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Excellent analytic and data analysis skills;
• Ability to work on own initiative and organise own workload with minimal supervision working to tight and often changing timescales;
• Ability to work as part of a team;
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with intermediate keyboard skills;
• Excellent understanding of the legislation governing the prescribing, administration and supply of medicines;
• Ability to work flexibility;
• A current and valid driving licence and access to own vehicle
• Masters degree in Pharmacy or equivalent Postgraduate clinical diploma or equivalent (minimum duration of programme 2 years).
• Post-registration experience of working with General Practice and working knowledge of GP clinical systems.
• Be an Independent Prescriber.
Excellent hourly rate
Receive a professional but personal service with a one to one specialist consultant
Full training provided
Excellent opportunity to progress
For more information please do not hesitate to contact Carl on 01992 513 777 or Carl.Taylor@evergoodassociates.co.uk .
If you happen to know a friend, colleague or even a family member who could potentially be interested please do get in touch as Evergood Associates offer an excellent referral scheme.