1) To be responsible under supervision for the on-going assessment, monitoring and review of a number of adults with psychosis who fall under the care of the Community Mental Health Team. To be the care co-ordinator for a designated caseload of service users and in so doing ensuring that the Trust and Social Service CPA and Care Management and risk assessment protocols are followed and that standards are met.
2) ) To provide a range of therapeutic and psycho-social interventions that are relevant to the service user and that are evidenced based. To ensure that the needs of Carers are assessed and they are directed to appropriate service as necessary to support them in their role as carers. To ensure that the needs of children of service users are identified and assessed and services are in place to meet need. To maintain accurate clinical documentation as per guidance and in line with Patients Journey. To ensure that the views of service users and carers are sought and incorporated into all aspects of service delivery
3) To ensure that care is sensitive to the needs of black and minority ethnic service users. Facilitate the process of transfer for those service users who require transfer across teams and those who fulfil the criteria for transfer to the Staying Well team and /or discharge back to Primary Care. Participate in relevant duty systems and crisis management rotas and liaise with those services providing emergency out of hours services. To provide clinical cover for team members in their absence. Ensure effective verbal and written communication with all staff, service users and visitors in order to maximise user and carer involvement in the delivery of quality care and treatment. Liaise as required with other disciplines and organisations to ensure that all issues affecting service user care are managed and communicated to a high standard.
4) To form effective relationships with inpatient services to facilitate early effective discharge. Maintain and develop Primary Care liaison with an attached GP Practice as required. To participate in Mental Health Act Assessments of service users you are responsible for as appropriate. Participate in research / audit / clinical governance projects as requested. To be responsible for the administration of medication ensuring that service users receive adequate information and side effects are effectively monitored.
5) To contribute to effective multidisciplinary team working. To meet regularly with the Team Manager / Supervisor for supervision, objective setting and appraisal meetings.
6) To attend Team clinical review meetings and supervision. To keep the Team Manager informed of any situation concerning service user or staff health and safety as necessary. To input and update computerised client information systems ensuring that entries are accurate and timely.
7) To participate in teaching activities within the team and across community services. To provide written reports as requested. To assist the management team in the investigation of complaints and serious incidents as required.
8) To participate in the management of change. To undertake other duties appropriate to grade as requested by the Team Manager or Locality Manager
9) To understand the Personalisation process and undertake outcome based assessments with service users to promote choice and control and to facilitate self directed care planning and personal budgets.
- HCPC registration
- Qualified Social Worker Qualification (Dip, BA, MA etc.)
- Experience in Mental Health
Working with Evergood Associates offers you a number of benefits including:
Your own dedicated specialist consultantAccess to the widest variety of social work jobs across local authorities and private organisations throughout the UKReliable Payroll run on a weekly basisFree DBS and compliance service£150 recommend a friend scheme
If you would like to find out more, apply for this position or enquire about similar roles please call Chloe Prior on 01992 513 777 ext 3 or send your CV and contact details to Chloe.Prior@evergoodassociates.co.uk