Evergood Associates are currently supporting our client in Cambridgeshire in recruiting for a Practice Consultant to join their Adults Social Work team based at Shire Hall.
To lead guide and direct social care teams to ensure practice is accountable, safe and in accordance with local authority duties and responsibilities under the Care Act and Cambridgeshire County Council’s Policies and Procedure.
- To advise on complex cases providing guidance, support and expert advice to all social care staff – social workers, adult support co-ordinators, senior social 2 workers and team managers within CCC and partner organisations (CPFT), to develop and maintain the highest level of professional service.
- To facilitate service user choice and empowerment through promoting independence as far as possible, by applying professional acquired knowledge and skills.
- To promote quality of life through the application of the principles and process of Self Director Support, such as care and support planning, validation, risk management and techniques of working positively alongside service users and carers.
- To offer consultation, share knowledge and influence all staff and managers about practice implications and change of approach in relation to the Care Act, Transforming Lives and self directed support.
- Provide expert knowledge in relation to the Care Act, Transforming Lives and social care practice to ensure new IT systems support Adult Social Care Practice in Cambridgeshire.
- Provide leadership and expert knowledge between teams and IT developments leading by example when implementing change.
- To enable the identification of appropriate systems of support with service users and carers to enable them to maintain / improve their quality of life to function as independently as possible.
- To influence statutory and non-statutory / voluntary organisations to ensure a multi-disciplinary approach to all aspects of service development and delivery and to facilitate the implementation of complex support arrangement in accordance with the principles of Transforming Lives and the Care Act.
- Maintain subject expertise through personal learning and professional networking.
- Develop and apply materials for coaching and mentoring colleagues, where applicable, in conjunction with workforce development.
- To provide written and verbal reports, appropriate for customer services / complaints and other legal purposes, which are concise, informative and based on complex evidence to support problem solving and resolution.
- Write reports for various audiences which are concise, informative and based on analysis of future developments, changes or influences being considered by government both nationally and locally, setting out options, risks and recommendations. 2. Role Specific • Line manage the direct payments monitoring officers.
- Work jointly with the contracts team to monitor current performance against service specification, and contribution to future service specifications and developments.
- Manage the day to day relationship with third party direct payments support organisation, and liaise with any similar organisation providing personal health budget support.
- Promote a positive framework for directly employed (via direct payments) Personal Assistants, and work alongside workforce development to develop the sector.
- Social Work Qualification (BA/MA/Dip etc)
- HCPC Qualification
For more information please contact Mark on 01992 513777 (Option 3) or by email Mark.Thompson@evergoodassociates.co.uk