Evergood Associates are currently supporting our client in the Salford area in recruiting for a Practice Manager for their Child Protection & Child in Need Team.
The successful candidate must be a Qualified Social Worker – You will be expected to manage a team of 7-8 Social Workers and an Advanced Social Work. The Team deals with CP, CIN, PLO and Court Proceedings cases.
The responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that statutory requirements are met in the provision of a social work service and in particular that assessments, care plans, statutory visits and reviews are of the highest possible standard and carried out in a timely manner
- Keep informed of all changes and developments in legislation, practice, regional and national resources and all other related issues which have implications for social work practice and procedures provided by the Authority
- Keep informed of developments and trends in the private and voluntary sector and community and bring to the attention of the Directorate any significant matters.
- To be responsible for the utilisation of budgets and staffing resources within the limits lay down by departmental procedures
- Ensure the Social Work Team is managed effectively in accordance with the Directorate’s policies
- Ensure practices and procedures accord with the City Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy
- Contribute to the development of policy, procedures, eligibility criteria and practice in respect of the provision of a social work service within the city
- To examine trends in the usage of services through analysis of data from departmental information’s systems
- Communicate policy to the Team and provide feedback and generally take responsibility for maintaining good communications across the team
- Provide regular information to inform the Service Manager of sensitive high profile issues in relation to individual cases or community issues
- Court Work
- Liaise with other professionals
- 3 month Temporary Contract
- DIPSW or equivalent
- HCPC Registration
For more information please contact Mark on 01992 513777 (Option 3) or by email Mark.Thompson@evergoodassociates.co.uk