Evergood Social Care are currently recruiting for an experienced and qualified Social Worker to work in an Adult Hospital Team based in Portsmouth.
These staff must be minimum two years post-qualified and have experience of managing a caseload in hospital social work and community settings. The workers must be able to work autonomously and also performance manage their caseloads to ensure that they were meeting the targets required by the Authority.
They must be experienced in managing complex cases and directing people to meet some needs within their own familial and friendship networks prior to accessing Local Authority resources.
We will require people who can pick up active cases and are experienced in inputting to electronic client record systems and take responsibility for their recording be in a timely manner.
- You will assess the needs of vulnerable adults and their carer's, and identifying creative and personalised ways to provide support.
- You will be working with people who have the most complex and complicated needs in one of a number of client groups: Older People, Adults with Physical and sensory Disabilities, Adults with Learning Disabilities.
- You will be working in one of a number of settings: Community Team for Older People and Adults with Physical or Sensory Disabilities or Hospital.
- You will be working independently and be responsible for managing your own caseload and maintaining case records within an environment offering a high level of supervision and support.
- The safeguarding of adults is an important and integral area of your work as will be the implementation of the safeguarding policy and procedures.
- You will be fully conversant with statutory legislation and guidance, and demonstrate that you implement this in your day to day practice. You will have completed post qualifying training, and have substantial experience as a practitioner.
- You will contribute to service development and project management
You need to have:
- A qualification in social work i.e. Dipsw, MSc, CQSW, and CSS.
- Registration with the HCPC as a social worker.
- Substantial experience as a qualified social worker.
- Knowledge of Adult Social Care eligibility criteria
- Excellent assessment skills.
- A thorough understanding of adult safeguarding legislation and have attended safeguarding training.
- A full understanding of, and commitment to, embedding personalisation in all aspects of social care.
- The ability to cope with a case workload efficiently and effectively.
- Good evidence based recording skills, as your evidence maybe required to be used in court.
- The skills of a good communicator with an ability to deal with conflict.
- The ability to work on your own initiative, organise your own work load and work under pressure in response to competing demands and changing priorities
- Experience of the supervisory role.
- Demonstrable IT skills.
For more information please contact Adam on 01992 513777 (Option 3) or by email Adam.Bentley@evergoodassociates.co.uk