Evergood Associates are currently supporting our client based in Medway in recruiting for an experienced and Qualified Social Worker to join their Hospital Integrated Discharge Team.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- To contribute to the delivery of highly effective Adult's Services in an efficient manner; taking responsibility for working and managing a caseload within a framework of appropriate supervision, dependent upon the complexities of these cases and the social worker’s experience.
- The post holder will adhere to and uphold the codes of conduct set out by Medway Council, the HCPC and The College of Social Work.
- To work with vulnerable adults and families/carers to support vulnerable service users ensuring the needs of the vulnerable remain paramount.
- To assess, plan and use evidence based analytical practice to implement and evaluate safeguarding measures to ensure all adults are given the opportunity to maximise and maintain their independence.
- To work to a structured time management practice; submitting reports, assessments and plans within regulated timescales.
- To co-ordinate, and take a lead role in, multi-professional/agency core groups and other professional meetings.
- To be competent in all areas of the Skills and Competency framework for Social Workers.
- HCPC Registration
- Current Enhanced DBS
- A recognised professional Social Work Qualification – eg Degree in Social Work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent
- Full driving licence (valid for use in the UK) and access to a car
- Demonstrable experience of working as a qualified social worker and understanding of adult protection, mental capacity and best interests (20% weighting)
- Knowledge and experience in the application of relevant legislation, statutory guidance, standards and procedures relating to Adult Social Care (10% weighting)
- Knowledge and experience in the application of National Policies and development relating to Adult’s Social Care policy areas and the impact on children and their families
- Knowledge and experience in the application of relevant theoretical frameworks, practice models, research findings and the application of psychological and human development theories
- Knowledge and experience as set out in the Skills and Competency Framework for Social Workers
Working with Evergood Associates offers you a number of benefits including:
- Your own dedicated specialist consultant
- Access to the widest variety of social work jobs across local authorities and private organisations throughout the UK
- Reliable Payroll run on a weekly basis
- Free DBS and compliance service
- £150 recommend a friend scheme
If you would like to find out more, apply for this position or enquire about similar roles please call Mark Thompson on 01992 513 777 ext 3 or send your CV and contact details to Mark.Thompson@evergoodassociates.co.uk