Evergood Associates are currently supporting our client based in Norfolk in recruiting for an experienced and Qualified Social Worker to act as an IRO & CP Chair.
- Chairing child protection conferences and looked after children reviews, meeting the requirements of regulations and statutory guidance in respect of both roles. Within the child protection conference process, to give advice and guidance on decision-making to conference members and to ensure that the analysis and management of risk is reflected in the decisions made and in the recommendations of child protection plans. Within the looked after children review process, to ensure that care plans meet the needs of the individual children and young people and are progressed in a timely way.
- To contribute to the establishment and maintenance of quality standards in conferences and reviews, including the promotion of user involvement and the involvement of all relevant agencies, and ensuring equal opportunities.
- To maintain quality assurance systems to monitor practice in relation to reviews and conferences themselves, and wider issues regarding safeguarding and care planning, in order to provide feedback on performance and contribute to the development of best practice.
- To be aware of changes in policy and law, and keep abreast of trends and research, sharing this knowledge within and outside the service. This may include contributing to training provision within Children's Services or in conjunction with the Norfolk Safeguarding Children Board, and the development of policies, procedures and protocols.
- To maintain effective operational links within Children's Services and with other agencies and the Norfolk Safeguarding Children Board, including the provision of specialist advice and consultation.
- To participate in and ensure appropriate action is taken following internal and external inspections, Serious Care Reviews, audits and complaints
Working with Evergood Associates offers you a number of benefits including:
- Your own dedicated specialist consultant
- Access to the widest variety of social work jobs across local authorities and private organisations throughout the UK
- Reliable Payroll run on a weekly basis
- Free DBS and compliance service
- £150 recommend a friend scheme
If you would like to find out more, apply for this position or enquire about similar roles please call Mark Thompson on 01992 513 777 ext 3 or send your CV and contact details to Mark.Thompson@evergoodassociates.co.uk