Evergood Associates are currently supporting our client based in Medway in recruiting for an experienced and Qualified Social Worker to act as a LADO officer.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- To support the Senior Local Authority Designated Officer by investigating and managing allegations against people who work in paid employment or who are in voluntary work with children and young people either in a paid or voluntary capacity across Medway.
- To contribute to the operation of a LADO professional consultation service, providing advice and information to staff within Medway Council and partner agencies and organisations regarding allegations management and safe employment in order to maximise the safety and welfare of children and young people.
- To ensure that the child or young person’s voice is heard and that they and their family are appropriately participate participant in the investigative process relating to allegations management and that the child or young person’s interests are paramount.
- To ensure that investigations and associated actions to protect a child or young person are implemented in a timely manner.
- Under the direction of the Senior LADO, to implement robust performance management systems to enable tracking of allegations and provide regular reports to senior management team and Medway Safeguarding Children Board as as required.
- To contribute to training and awareness raising for staff across all agencies and organisations in Medway on allegations management and safe workforce issues.
- HCPC registered
- Social Work qualification e.g. Degree in Social Work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent, recognised by HCPC
- Hold a Full Practice Educator qualification or demonstrate a willingness to achieve this
- Must be a car driver
- Demonstrable experience and ability to manage complex casework
- Extensive, demonstrable experience of working as a qualified social worker within frontline child protection and safeguarding work
- Considerable knowledge and experience in the application of relevant legislation, statutory guidance, standards and procedures relating to child protection and safeguarding children
- Experience of working within National Policies and developments relating to Children’s Social Care, policy areas and the impact on children and their family/carers
- Demonstrable experience of working with senior management colleagues from other agencies in relation to managing issues relating to safeguarding children
Working with Evergood Associates offers you a number of benefits including:
- Your own dedicated specialist consultant
- Access to the widest variety of social work jobs across local authorities and private organisations throughout the UK
- Reliable Payroll run on a weekly basis
- Free DBS and compliance service
- £150 recommend a friend scheme
ASAP- Interim - 3 months rolling contract
If you would like to find out more, apply for this position or enquire about similar roles please call Mark Thompson on 01992 513 777 ext 3 or send your CV and contact details to Mark.Thompson@evergoodassociates.co.uk