Evergood Social Care are currently supporting our client based in Hertfordshire in recruiting for an experienced and Qualified Social Worker to join their Youth Justice.
- To support children and young people in achieving positive outcomes, to prevent family breakdown and escalation into specialist services and prepare them for a successful adult life.
- To develop personalised interventions for children and young people who are unlikely to achieve or maintain, or have the opportunity of achieving or maintaining a reasonable standard of health or development or make a successful transition to adult life.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- To undertake structured assessments and provide support to children and young people identified as having additional needs and who are deemed vulnerable or at risk.
- To deliver appropriate interventions as part of an agreed package of support or be a responsible officer for a Court order, or a care pathway plan, ensuring plans are outcomes focussed and reviewed regularly.
- To manage a case load of young people who require a high level of targeted youth support or youth justice interventions.
- To develop and deliver relevant group work programmes which address needs and risk or involvement in crime.
- To prepare reports for youth offender panels and other agencies or specialist services as required.
- To work in partnership with a wide range of key organisations and individuals including housing and local services to ensure young people receive appropriate and effective services.
- To undertake interviews for young people missing from care or education
- To participate in any relevant duty rotas and out of hours cover Hertfordshire County Council Job Outline Page 2 of 3
- To maintain accurate, comprehensive case management information using specified electronic database and complying with deadlines and statutory standards and requirements. Participate in supervision, performance management and development and own professional development.
- To work effectively as part of a multi-agency team and contribute to the team and service development. Supervise support workers who may be required for additional support including evenings and weekends.
- To work flexibly across the County to meet the needs of young people, including evening and weekends as necessary. The duties and responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present. The post holder is expected to accept any reasonable alterations that may from time to time be necessary
Working with Evergood Associates offers you a number of benefits including:
- Your own dedicated specialist consultant
- Access to the widest variety of social work jobs across local authorities and private organisations throughout the UK
- Reliable Payroll run on a weekly basis
- Free DBS and compliance service
- £150 recommend a friend scheme
If you would like to find out more, apply for this position or enquire about similar roles please call Adam Bentley on 01992 513 777 ext 3 or send your CV and contact details Adam.Bentley@evergoodassociates.co.uk