Evergood Associates are currently looking for a Qualified Social Worker – 16+ Team, in Bedfordshire.
- Receive and co-ordinate referrals, undertake assessments/formulate care plans, arrange action and review services for children 16+
- Complete professional assessments of need and risk in respect of service users and carers using the Department of Health and Luton Borough Council criteria for children in need and significant harm.
- Taking the lead role and responsibility, you co-ordinate the multi agency approach to prevent and address child protection issues and children in need.
- Undertake statutory duties under the Children Act 1989 and other legislation and guidance relating to service users and carers e.g. care proceedings, arrangements for adoption/permanency, risk assessments and investigations in relation to the protection of children. Including arrangements for obtaining and carrying out Court Orders, attending court as the Council’s representative and providing instruction to legal counsel.
- Plan professional intervention using the appropriate available resources ensuring needs are met through negotiation and consultation with professional colleagues and service users.
- Promote anti discriminatory practice and the empowerment of service users.
- Ensure that the needs of service users are regularly reviewed and changes in circumstances and newly identified needs are addressed. This will necessitate organising and chairing multi agency meetings.
- Keep appropriate case records, statistics and information.
- Provide case reports and witness statements for Court when required, accountable to the requirements of both internal/external agencies inline with Luton Borough Council Policies and Procedures.
- QSW, min 2yrs in Child Protection.
- Ability to produce case conference reports preferable
- Must be car driver
For more information please contact Amy on 01992 513777 (Option 3) or by email Amy.Maher@evergoodassociates.co.uk