Bedford Borough require a Social Worker to join their Hospital Team. Where applicable, to accept responsibility for carrying out action in relation to the liberty or safety of users, where necessary in emergency situations. With supervision and consultation to manage a caseload as allocated by a Care Manager.
To work with service users to assess their needs, identify options for meeting those needs, negotiate and review appropriate care within the Department’s priorities. To work with service users and/or liaise with service providers from within the Department or other agencies, as necessary.
Social Work Qualification (Dip or BA/MA in Social Work)
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To work within the values of the Department as expressed within the “People First” Philosophy.
- With supervision and consultation to manage a caseload as allocated by a Care Manager.
- Where applicable, to accept responsibility for carrying out action in relation to the liberty or safety of users, where necessary in emergency situations.
- To work with users to assess their needs and produce a statement of need agreed with or shared with users.
- To identify with service users a range of options available to meet needs identified.
- In discussion with the Team Leader to assist in deciding which of the range of options will be offered to the service user and to carry out necessary tasks to implement planned action.
- To act as the named person for the service user to contact within the Department.
- To be responsible for co-ordinating an agreed care plan and, where appropriate, to implement and evaluate agreed action, including direct work with some users.
- To work with staff from other agencies, such as Health, Education, Police, as well as service providers from within the Department or from the Private or Voluntary Sector.
- To maintain appropriate records on work undertaken in accordance with the Departmental policy.
- To attend case conferences and meetings as requested and produce reports as necessary.
- To undertake work on Duty or Point of First Contact with users providing direct advice and assistance as required.
- To be responsible for monitoring, on an ongoing basis, the delivery of the service to users.
- To work as a member of a multi-agency team where required, undertaking duties agreed with the Care Manager.
- To attend training courses and staff development activities.
- To enter or inspect premises and to visit and interview persons as may be authorised within the Local Authority Social Services Act 1970, and any statuary enactment extending or amending it.
- Where necessary, and subject to the appropriate accreditation, to act as an approved or transitionally approved Social Worker under the Mental Health Act 1983, and any statutory enactment extending or amending it. When transitional approved, to undertake training in order to achieve Approved Social Work Status.
- To institute and defend proceedings under the Local Government Act 1972, and to appear and make application on behalf of the Council before magistrates courts in connection with the Social Services function of the Council under the Local Authority Social Services Act 1970, and any statutory enactment extending it or amending it.
- To contribute to the planning, delivery and evaluation of services.
- To be responsible for carrying out Health and Safety policies and procedures, as it applies to self, other staff and users.
- To offer advice and be consulted in a specialist area.
- To ensure the requirements of the Complaints Procedure are compiled with and, if require, respond to complaints.
- To carry out duties in accordance with County Council any Departmental policies and procedures.
- To be aware of and carry out statutory obligations.
- To undertake any other duties of a similar level and responsibility as may be required form time to time.
For more information please contact Mark on 01992 513777 (Option 3) or by email Mark.Thompson@evergoodassociates.co.uk