Evergood Social Care are currently recruiting for a qualified and experienced Social Worker for a IDT based in Kent.
To contribute to the delivery of highly effective Adult's Services in an efficient manner; taking responsibility for working and managing a caseload within a framework of appropriate supervision, dependent upon the complexities of these cases and the social worker’s experience.
The post holder will adhere to and uphold the codes of conduct set out by Medway Council, the HCPC and The College of Social Work.
To work with vulnerable adults and families/carers to support vulnerable service users ensuring the needs of the vulnerable remain paramount.
To assess, plan and use evidence based analytical practice to implement and evaluate safeguarding measures to ensure all adults are given the opportunity to maximise and maintain their independence.
To work to a structured time management practice; submitting reports, assessments and plans within regulated timescales.
To co-ordinate, and take a lead role in, multi-professional/agency core groups and other professional meetings.
To be competent in all areas of the Skills and Competency framework for Social Workers.
- HCPC Registration
- Current Enhanced DBS
- A recognised professional Social Work Qualification – eg Degree in Social Work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent
- Full driving licence (valid for use in the UK) and access to a car Experience Essential
- Demonstrable experience of working as a qualified social worker and understanding of adult protection, mental capacity and best interests (20% weighting)
- Knowledge and experience in the application of relevant legislation, statutory guidance, standards and procedures relating to Adult Social Care (10% weighting)
- Knowledge and experience in the application of National Policies and development relating to Adult’s Social Care policy areas and the impact on children and their families
- Knowledge and experience in the application of relevant theoretical frameworks, practice models, research findings and the application of psychological and human development theories
- Knowledge and experience as set out in the Skills and Competency Framework for Social Workers
- ICT skills to include Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate to a high standard verbally and in writing, and to produce and present reports of high quality (10% weighting)
- Demonstrate the ability to assess the needs of vulnerable adults and their families and carers within an analytical and holistic framework; using appropriate tools to achieve the desired outcome for this group of service users (15% weighting)
- Demonstrate the ability to undertake direct work with vulnerable adults and their families and carers using a range of evidence based models
- Demonstrate the ability to apply and effectively use theoretical frameworks and research evidence
- Demonstrate the ability to apply statutory requirements and guidance, local procedures and standards as they apply to vulnerable adults and their families and carers (10% weighting)
- Demonstrable knowledge of relevant legislation, social care policies, professional practice issues and developments
Evergood Associates offer unbeatable benefits package, and if you are aware of a friend or colleague that maybe interested in this vacancy or available to work please contact us to pass on their details and receive a £150 Evergood referral bonus.
For more information, contact Adam on 01992 513777 (Option 3) or by email Adam.Bentley@evergoodassociates.co.uk