We require a qualified Social Worker to work in our Hospital Social Work Team. The successful candidate must have 2 years post qualification experience and be a car driver. This role requires the worker to have excellent communication skills and be able to work alone as well as being part of a very busy team.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To work within a multi-disciplinary team and manage a varyingly complex and diverse caseload of clients to provide appropriate assessments in order to identify levels of need and outcomes required. Develop support plans and service delivery packages for clients in accordance with Council and Departmental Procedures.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Name and position of immediate supervisor: Assistant Operations Manager
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES (Output Based)
1. Facilitate proportionate holistic assessments (including where appropriate self assessments),working with the person, their carer/family and specialist professionals as necessary, in order to identify levels of need and outcomes required which will inform the appropriate level of associated resource to help the person optimise their independence and meet their support needs.
2. To maintain case records and to adhere to procedures and policies as defined by the Council and Department, and as required by statute, ensuring that all data meets the relevant and stated levels of accuracy, quality and timeliness required.
3. To ensure on-going work, care plans and care packages are reviewed in accordance with Departmental policies, contractual agreements and in liaison with appropriate colleagues, partner agencies and service providers.
4. To undertake investigations and prepare reports for panels, case conferences and courts as required with specific reference to Safeguarding procedures and quality of care requirements.
5. To attend and participate positively in team meetings to promote and integrate responses to service users and to provide value for money services.
6. Develop and maintain effective working relationships to ensure the smooth transition of clients through the system and that Directorate and client requirements are met and consistently delivered.
7. Ensure that clients are empowered throughout the assessment process and ensure they are at the centre of decision making in order that opportunities for choice and control over their support arrangements are optimised.
8. To attend supervision sessions as required and to follow guidance and advice given.
9. To provide cover for the work of other team members.
10. Contribute to the development of new and existing practices, procedures and initiatives to assist the effective use of Directorate resources and help ensure governmental initiatives, guidance and legislation are appropriately reflected.
11. Liaise with the manager, if required, when monitoring and evaluating, in order to maintain high practice standards and enable continued development of professional skills that meet service requirements.