Evergood Associates are currently supporting our client based in Lincolnshire in recruiting for an experienced Qualified Social Worker to join their Children’s Services.
PURPOSE OF JOB
It is expected that the postholder will have at least two years experience.
The postholder will have specific responsibilities for dealing with more complex cases, including assessment and appropriate management of risks, and may provide casework supervision to other team members.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES, TASKS & DUTIES
- To manage a caseload, within the appropriate level of responsibility which will include service users who meet the Directorate’s prioritised eligibility criteria and may involve more complex cases.
- May provide casework supervision to other Social Workers in the team.
- Investigate complaints of alleged neglect, abuse or ill-treatment of children; undertake assessments and, where appropriate, arrange accommodation for children and young people.
- Work to a range of legal options to support investigation and protection.
- Contribute to planning/reviewing the cases of children in care; supervise fostering /adoption arrangements.
- Undertake preventative work with families in order to reduce the need for care or accommodation.
- Work with children and young people, families, carers and communities to help them make informed decisions, enabling them to clarify and express their needs and contribute to service planning.
- Liaise with colleagues in own and other departments and external agencies in order to gather information relevant to assessment and care planning activities.
- Maintain and update case notes and other records, write reports as required; if required, give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
- To work within the policies, practices and procedures of the Social Services Directorate to prescribed standards.
- To participate as required in specific social work projects or programmes within the Directorate.
- To participate in training and staff development programmes.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
The postholder will be expected to have:
- A recognised qualification in Social work (Dip SW / CQSW / CSS)
- Registered with the HCPC and ensure that registration is maintained and renewed appropriately
- Knowledge of theory and practice of care assessment, planning; detailed knowledge of legislation through professional qualification and two years post qualifying experience.
Evergood Associates offer unbeatable benefits package, and if you are aware of a friend or colleague that maybe interested in this vacancy or available to work please contact us to pass on their details and receive a £150 Evergood referral bonus.
For more information on this role and many other Qualified Social Work roles please visit our website or contact Mark on 01992 513777 (Option 3) or by email Mark.Thompson@evergoodassociates.co.uk