Knowledge, skills and experience:
Substantial relevant experience of working in the service /professional area, with evidence of work responsibilities appropriate to the role.
· Authoritative knowledge of the relevant range of procedural and legislative frameworks, systems and initiatives.
· Experience of multi-disciplinary and partnership working and awareness of the issues involved.
· Proven assessment and investigation skills appropriate to the scope of the role. Ability to carry out complex client assessments.
· Experience of using professional knowledge to work within referral systems according to established criteria.
· Proven ability to work with challenging client groups and situations.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
· Literate and numerate with accurate record keeping and report writing.
· Knowledge of financial assessment processes.
· ICT skills including use of Microsoft applications.
· Commitment to enabling Service Users to maximise the use of their own skills and abilities and to allow them to take calculated and informed risks where this enhances the quality of their life.
· Commitment to the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
· Commitment to uphold and comply with the statutory provision of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and any other relevant legislation or Council Policies and Procedures relating to Health and Safety at Work.
· Ability to actively promote the Council’s Customer Service Policy, ensuring the needs of our customers are considered at all times to enable the Council to meet its customer satisfaction targets. · Commitment to continuous professional development.
All opportunities to prevent, reduce and delay access to social care services are taken Provision of timely advice, information and signposting to relevant community resources. Maximising residents ability to maintain their independence To fully utilise an individual’s assets and community resources before considering the use of Council resources Continuity of social care/ reablement services for service users in the community and in hospital Provision of equipment, therapeutic techniques and assistive technology to support service users to maintain their independence To be responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality and legally compliant social care practice to agreed standards for the staff within the remit of the post. Assessments and support plans are legally compliant in relation to the Care Act, Mental Capacity Act and all other relevant legislation. Social care practice is delivered to agreed standards To ensure the development of person-led support plans to meet the needs and outcomes of individuals. To ensure the implementation of Making Safeguarding Personal. Vulnerable adults are appropriately safeguarded Practice complies with local and national safeguarding statutes and guidance To ensure that the assessment and support planning process is robust and meets agreed guidance and standards The full range of social care assessments are undertaken as necessary in conjunction with the person. Personalised outcome-focussed reablement and ongoing services including the design and review of creative and innovative support plans.
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent Relevant professional qualification in Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy or equivalent.
- Current registration with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
Working with Evergood Associates offers you a number of benefits including:
Your own dedicated specialist consultantAccess to the widest variety of social work jobs across local authorities and private organisations throughout the UKReliable Payroll run on a weekly basisFree DBS and compliance service£150 recommend a friend scheme
If you would like to find out more, apply for this position or enquire about similar roles please call Chloe Prior on 01992 513 777 ext 3 or send your CV and contact details to Chloe.Prior@evergoodassociates.co.uk