Evergood Social Care are currently supporting our client based in Kent in recruiting for an experienced and Qualified Senior Practitioner to join their Adolescent Support Team.
- To deliver and improve services for Children in Need, with a clear focus on those in need of protection and the wider safeguarding agenda through the provision of high quality social work interventions and effective liaison with local partners.
- To work within a team of professional Social Workers and/or early intervention staff to provide services to children, young people and their families requiring support and/or intervention.
- Services are to be delivered in accordance with legislation, Corporate and Directorate policies and with allocated cash limits.
- To be a champion of social work values and delivering interventions that work to keep children safe and to support families.
- Main duties and responsibilities:
- The Adolescent Support Team provide intensive support empowering young people and their families develop effective long-term solutions to manage their family relationships effectively in the future without the assistance of Social Care Services where safe to do so.
- The Adolescent Support Team have been operational since 2015 and have a proven record to improve life outcomes for young people aged 11-17 years and their families who are experiencing crisis, homelessness, and difficulties within their relationships.
- With a reduced caseload, the team is able to respond to crises and provide the intensive support required to stop adolescents from coming into care.
- The Adolescent Support Team is a specialist team of social workers and social work assistants who work with adolescents and their families on the edge of care. Using strengths based and solution focussed intervention methods, you will seek to mediate, reunify, and promote young people remain safely at home with their family and support networks.
- You will be an experienced Social Worker willing to step up, or a Senior Practitioner open to stretch yourself professionally, enhancing team intervention skills through high quality supervision, and training opportunities to transform the lives of children and families.
- You will be a DIPSW, CQSW, CSS or equivalent Social Work graduate. You will inspire high standards from Social Workers around you.
- You will manage a caseload of complex and difficult cases, involving assessment, planning and implementation of support, ensuring the best outcomes for children are realised. You will work closely with 16/17yr old young people who present as homeless and rapidly respond to ensure early and effective intervention to prevent homelessness.
- You will be responsible for chairing Child In Need meetings, Co-ordinating support, completing Joint Assessments with District Councils, and supporting young people attend interviews and meetings in accordance with their support needs.
- You will shape and develop practice standards within the service, delivering positive outcomes collaboratively.
- You will work collaboratively with a range of innovative services and partners such as CAMH’s, Education, YOT, Police, Housing, and Local Housing Providers to reduce the likelihood of harm and promote life outcomes.
- You will have a clear understanding of functional constraints, and the importance to continue to deliver high quality services to young people through times of austerity.
- You will promote and actively utilise holistic and whole family approaches to achieve best social work practice, using evidence based practice to exemplify this standard.
- You will have specialist knowledge of social work practice in children’s services. Your focus will be on those in need of protection, and the wider safeguarding agenda, through the provision of high quality social work interventions.
- You will have a track record of delivering direct work and possess effective communication and engagement skills to support vulnerable and challenging adolescents, and their families. Above all, you’ll be focussed on helping children and families to change their lives for the better.
Working with Evergood Associates offers you a number of benefits including:
- Your own dedicated specialist consultant
- Access to the widest variety of social work jobs across local authorities and private organisations throughout the UK
- Reliable Payroll run on a weekly basis
- Free DBS and compliance service
- £150 recommend a friend scheme
If you would like to find out more, apply for this position or enquire about similar roles please call Adam Bentley on 01992 513 777 ext 3 or send your CV and contact details Adam.Bentley@evergoodassociates.co.uk