The key tasks is to undertake Mental Health act assessments in an “Out of Hours” role . This will mean you will work a five week rolling rota pattern consisting of evening ,nights ,and weekend work.
Whilst your core task will be the undertaking of Mental Health act assessments across Hampshire ,as part of a generic Out of Hours team it is expected that you will contribute to both Child care and care management tasks I
Section B Organisation . You will work within a generic “Out of hours team” and will have recourse to a duty manager 24/7 if required
Section C ROLE REQUIREMENTS
Your will need a current AMHP warrant ,be able to drive ,be able to work independently ,and have the flexibility and skill to work outside your AMHP specialism .Familiarity with RIO ,and the ability to master various IT systems will be a distinct advantage
(why the role exists)
To manage the locality Approved Social Work Service in partnership with other ASW Senior Practitioners in the
- To support and supervise front line staff including the provision of professional support and supervision to social
- workers and Approved Social Workers.
- To represent and promote the social care perspective within health care based, multi-disciplinary mental health teams.
- To work with and provide consultation on complex cases within County Council and Hampshire Partnership Trust policies and procedures including the chairing and investigation of Adult Protection Meetings and adult protection
- In relation to mental health act assessments to act as an access point to Duty ASWs for legal advice, senior managers
- and the out of hours service.
- To take part in the recruitment of social care staff .
- To identify potential ASW trainees and support them through the ASW pathway procedures.
- To assist the Team Manager, Locality Manager, Hampshire County Council ASW Development Manager and MH Training manager? by contributing professional perspectives and knowledge into the planning and development of the service within commissioning plans.
- To ensure that opportunities for students undertaking the social work degree and ASW training are identified and
- maximised within the team or service.
- To deputise for the CMHT Manager in conjunction with the Senior Nurse Practitioner in the absence of the CMHT