Luton Council are looking for an Senior Social Worker to join their Looked After Children's team covering the 0-13yrs service. Receive and co-ordinate complex referrals, undertake the resulting assessments/devising care plans, arranging action and reviewing services for children and families, including influencing the direction of future services.
Managing a case load of approx 20 cases. With the majority being complex in nature.
Visits out of borough so driving is a major part of the role.
Permanency planning , some CP work and long term planning.
1. Complete professional assessments of need and risk in respect of service users and carers using the Department of Health and Luton Borough Council criteria for children in need and significant harm. Taking the lead role and responsibility, you co-ordinate the multi-agency approach to prevent and address child protection issues and children in need.
2. Undertake statutory duties under the Children Act 1989 and other legislation and guidance relating to service users and carers e.g. care proceedings, arrangements for adoption/permanency, risk assessments and investigations in relation to the protection of children. Including arrangements for obtaining and carrying out Court Orders, attending court as the Council’s representative and providing instruction to legal counsel.
3. Plan professional intervention using the appropriate available resources ensuring needs are met through negotiation and consultation with professional colleagues and service users. Promote anti discriminatory practice and the empowerment of service users.
4. Keep appropriate case records, statistics and information. Provide case reports and witness statements for Court when required, accountable to the requirements of both internal/external agencies in line with Luton Borough Council Policies and Procedures.
5. Ensure that the needs of service users are regularly reviewed and changes in circumstances and newly identified needs are addressed. This will necessitate organising and chairing multi agency meetings.
- HCPC registration
- Qualified Social Worker Qualification (Dip, BA, MA etc.)
- Strong LAC experience with 0-13yrs or similar
- Previous experience of working with looked after children preferably in a LAC TEAM / and child protection /court experience.
- 2 years+ PQE
Working with Evergood Associates offers you a number of benefits including:
Your own dedicated specialist consultantAccess to the widest variety of social work jobs across local authorities and private organisations throughout the UKReliable Payroll run on a weekly basisFree DBS and compliance service£150 recommend a friend scheme
If you would like to find out more, apply for this position or enquire about similar roles please call Chloe Prior on 01992 513 777 ext 3 or send your CV and contact details to Chloe.Prior@evergoodassociates.co.uk