- Development and implementation of effective strategic commissioning for children and adults, working effectively with partners to secure good outcomes including: needs assessment, market development, strategic and operational commissioning, contract management and monitoring and Continuing Health Ccare assessment.
- Delivery or effective and efficient services offering good value for money
- Provision of high quality and effective social care to adults, and to integrate with key partners, notably the NHS to develop and deliver seamless services for residents and patients
- Delivery of effective and efficient services offering good value for money
- Discharge of the statutory function of the Director of Adult Social Services, in conjunction with the Lead Member
Leadership delivering improved outcomes for adults, by;
- Promoting cross-Council and Partnership solutions to complex challenges;
- Improving organisational understanding of needs and performance, resulting in targeting resources and priorities for development and driving our improvement;
- Developing and implementing strategic approaches across the Council and with Partners, enabling effective Service change delivering improved outcomes for children, adults and the wider community;
- Commissioning services ensuring impact and Value for Money;
- Reviewing our impact, assuring quality and ensuring effective safeguarding.
The main focus of the post is to:
- Lead the development and implementation of market strategies to meet the needs of vulnerable adults.
- Work in partnership with service users, carers and colleagues in Wokingham Borough Council, health services, and independent and voluntary sectors, to develop and commission services in accordance with agreed strategies.
- To lead on the development of strategic commissioning ensuring cost effective services are in place for vulnerable adults.
The post holder will manage three distinct teams:
- Commissioning – developing strategies for commissioned services, market development, leading on procurement and contract management
- Continuing Health Care – working with NHS colleagues to ensure that the continuing health care assessment process meets the requirements of eligible service users
- Operational commissioning – including arranging placements for adults and children
For more information please contact Sophie on 01992 513777 (Option 3) or by email Sophie.Atkinson@evergoodassociates.co.uk