DoLS Interim Quality Manager
Adult Services in Tower Hamlets are seeking an interim quality manager who will review and assess our work on in meeting the legal requirements of the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS), as determined by the Mental Capacity Act, together with all other related legislation and guidance and in the context of improving both quality of DoLS assessments and supporting the service manager to drive improvements in wider safeguarding performance.
We are looking for some-one with both the social work skills to quality assure assessments, driving improved quality and the management and business efficiency skills to address backlogs or delays and develop improved systems for the future. The postholder will oversee our statutory role in relation to DoLS and quality assure the work of our Best Interest Assessors. The postholder should also have a strong understanding of safeguarding issues and be able to quality assure safeguarding assessments and plans.
We are looking for an experienced social care manager with the professional knowledge and personal resilience to be able to challenge individuals and cultures in order to drive improvements. He or she may not have formal project management qualifications but will be very well-organised, efficient in meeting deadlines and able to identify and deliver system improvements to support ongoing quality.
- Qualified social worker with significant experience in a relevant area of practice
- Social care management or co-ordinator experience
- Resilient personal style – confident at leading practice improvement and challenging resistance to improvement
- Well-organised and committed to meeting deadlines and driving system improvement
- Experience of countersigning DoLS assessments
- Experience of managing or quality assuring safeguarding work
For more information, please contact Sophie on 01992 513777 (Option 3) or by email Sophie.Atkinson@evergoodassociates.co.uk