Cambridgeshire County Council are looking for a Qualified Social Worker to join the Hospital Discharge Team covering both Hinchingbrooke & Peterborough hospitals.
- QSW with Hospital discharge experience 2 years post qualification experience in social work practice.
- Undertake the social work function, including care management, in relation to service user groups for whom the organisation has statutory responsibility in accordance with Trust policy, professional standards of practice and in conjunction with partner agencies, service users and carers.
- To provide professional advice, guidance and support to locality staff in relation to social care issues.
- Undertake needs-led assessments and support planning including the Single Assessment Process with vulnerable service users and their carers. This will include complex case work and Adult Protection and involve inter-agency negotiations. To ensure that this is carried out in accordance with organisation policies, procedures, care outcomes and eligibility criteria.
- Work in partnership with service users and their carers to ensure the provision of a service, including the self directed support, which meets their assessed needs within available resources.
- Ensure that high quality support packages are delivered effectively to enable service users to achieve their independence, maximise potential and resolve their difficulties within their physical, emotional and social environment.
- Provide information and advice on services, charging policies and complaints process to service users and their carers, so that they can make informed choices.
- Monitor and undertake reviews with services users and carers ensuring outcomes are addressed within specified standards bringing shortfalls to the attention of the relevant agencies.
- Contribute to the collation of information about needs of service users, including shortfalls, to assist the development of appropriate services for service users and their carers via IT and other systems.
- Participate in duty rota system as required and other team responsibilities as required, so that the duty system effectively delivers a consistent service to the locality teams.
- Support team initiatives, assist innovative practices and liaise with local agencies including independent sector providers (Housing, Health and Voluntary etc) as appropriate.
- Attend training and team meetings to ensure own professional development and contribute to the professional development of others.
- Independently manage a caseload where needs are complex, high risk and consistently challenging. Undertake caseworker role for service users as appropriate.
- Accept delegated responsibility from Senior Social Worker (or Senior Health Professional as appropriate) to develop skills in staff induction and practice supervision, and undertake project development.
- Ensure compliance with performance indicators and quality assurance.
- Promote a positive and professional culture.
- Help to establish shared values and principles to enhance effective working within the integrated team and with other agencies.
For more information please contact Sophie on 01992 513777 (Option 3) or by email Sophie.Atkinson@evergoodassociates.co.uk